Treating Knee Pain
If you are looking for nonsurgical treatment options for knee pain, consider visiting an experienced chiropractor in Warsaw. At AlignLife, we take a holistic approach to alleviating knee pain. Let’s learn more about common knee pain causes and our available chiropractic treatment.
The Common Causes of Knee Pain
Direct trauma and disease often cause knee pain. Chronic overuse or an accident can lead to pain and discomfort. Here are more common causes of knee pain:
- Knee joint misalignment: This includes changes such as an inward-facing patella, internal femur rotation, and other changes to the natural alignment of your knee.
- Flat feet: People with no arch or a very low foot arch can experience related knee trauma such as an inward-turning femur or tibia.
- Pinched nerve: If you have a pinched nerve in your lower back it can also lead to knee pain.
Our chiropractor in Warsaw can treat your knee directly or treat an underlying problem in your spine.
Knee Pain Symptoms
Knee pain severity varies depending on the underlying cause. Here are the most common signs that you have acute or chronic knee pain:
- Weakness or instability
- Warmth due to inflammation
- Clicking or popping
- Cannot flex your knee straight
Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
During your appointment, our chiropractor assesses your gait. By watching the way you walk, we can evaluate the stress placed on your knees. Some of the chiropractic treatment options for knee pain include:
- Spinal adjustment: Misalignment in your spine creates pressure on your knees and other joints. The spinal adjustment restores balance and functionality that reduces wear on your knees.
- Trigger point therapy: Remedial massage therapy uses pressure on certain points to relieve pain.
- Posture correction: Poor posture can cause several issues over time. It puts undue pressure on your knees, muscles, and other joints. Our chiropractor can help you improve your posture, which may also resolve some of the pain you're experiencing.
- Low-level laser therapy: Also called cold laser therapy, this treatment stimulates your soft tissues and the muscles to reduce swelling and increase blood flow. This facilitates the healing process.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasonic waves soothe painful muscles and joints. It reduces pain and helps you recover your mobility.
- Lifestyle changes: Our chiropractor may suggest improved diet and exercise habits.
Treating Knee Pain in Warsaw
Contact AlignLife today at (574) 268-2727 for more information on knee pain treatment in Warsaw. Call us today to set your appointment for relief from your knee pain.